Case Submission for the Breastfeeding Medicine Case Conference
Victorville, CA. May 30 - June 2, 2019
This symposium is designed for physicians and other providers who currently practice breastfeeding medicine, or who have sufficient knowledge to practice. This case-based learning format will allow for in-depth discussions among participants on innovative strategies to manage various complex breastfeeding medicine problems.
If you are a physician, researcher or other medical provider (nurse practitioner, physician assistant, midwife, dentist, or a student of these professions), you are invited to submit a clinical breastfeeding medicine case that would be of interest to a group of physicians, researchers and other providers who have sufficient knowledge to practice breastfeeding medicine. Ideal cases would be those that are unusual, difficult, and/or involve multispecialty care. In addition we welcome cases that pose debate regarding diagnosis, treatment, or are ethically controversial.
Details regarding each case presentation include the following:
- Each presenter will be given an hour for case presentation. The format for each hour is as follows:
- 10 min for case presentation
- 5 minutes to review questions that will be discussed in small groups
- 10 minutes for small group discussion
- 20 minutes for large group discussion, moderated by the presenter
- 15 minute wrap up/didactic lecture on this topic by the presenter
- The presenter will be asked to pose 2-4 questions regarding the case to the participants for discussion. The questions can pertain to any aspect of the case, such as exam, diagnosis, treatment, ethics, social support, etc.
- Each presenter is asked to prepare a 15 minute didactic on the topic to be presented at the end of the hour. This presentation can include known research on the topic, how the case was ultimately managed, and/or resources on this topic.