If you are an IBCLC with experience teaching health professionals, and you love to teach breastfeeding basics to other breastfeeding supporters, this is your opportunity to increase breastfeeding knowledge in your community, and to receive payment for it! Our Outpatient Breastfeeding Champion Course has an Instruct-the-Instructor model, and we hire IBCLCs who meet the following criteria to teach our 16 hour Breastfeeding Champion course:
- Current IBCLC certification.
- Extensive experience and confidence in advanced outpatient management of breastfeeding dyads throughout the course of lactation.
- Experience and enjoyment in teaching groups of professionals.
- Telephone breastfeeding triage experience.
Requirements to Become a Course Instructor:
- Application approval by IABLE.
- Attendance of a 16 hour Outpatient Breastfeeding Champion Course.
- Attendance of the Instruct-the-Instructor course, which is a half-day event. This is usually planned for the day after the 16 hour course.
- Payment of $90.00 for the Instruct-the-Instructor course, which includes breakfast, lunch, and all materials. This price may vary.